Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Decorator is In

And has been shopping... I know, I know... quelle suprise.

The first thing I found was at a thrift store just a couple of blocks from our condo.  A Navajo style rug 5+' x 8+' for $30. Which I carried home on my shoulder - I should get points for that alone.

It has a navy border with teal, brick, tan and beige.  And there are parts that look purple-ish but are actually brick and teal combined.  In some bizzare way, it actually makes the blue chair, the teal recliner and the purple couch (along with the maple rocker with the dark rust cushions that came from His Grace's ancestral home) and the orange drapes with the holes in them actually go together in a not really horrible way.  At least to my eyes, and the eyes of our friends who have seen it.  His Grace is of another opinion.

Anyway, here's a close up of the cleanest parts of the rug which I took for letschipit.com to determine the colour palette for the room.


Which gives me this.


Which actually doesn't work.  For some reason, they think the navy is black and the tan is cafe au lait and, and, and.  Not sure what I'm going to do.  I'll either have to just pick the colours that I think go with it or wait until DangerGirl gets here in July.  Or, I guess I could try with a different camera at a different time of day.  

The adventure continues.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you should wait for DangerGirl ... she'll be on vacation after all ;)

    ReplyDelete